C&R Consulting’s mining expertise has been sought by major mining companies throughout Australia, Europe and South-east Asia. C&R has a unique combination of specialists who work together to produce high level scientific outcomes, both in terms of environmental performance and residual risk.
Services provided by C&R Consulting are focused on providing effective solutions for environmental problems. This requires a detailed knowledge of environmental and chemical processes that are generally at risk from mining operations.
The main advantage provided to the client by C&R, when compared to other consultancies, is a complete and thorough understanding of the inter-relationships between all environmental disciplines (including geomorphology, chemistry of soil and water, hydrology, ecology and geology) providing the client with a thorough and comprehensive assessment. The results of these detailed assessments provide accurate information for adoption into various management plans to ensure the appropriate protection for the environment from potential mine related impacts.
For further information on C&R Consulting’s experience please download our Mining and Extractive Industries Capability Statement.
C&R can offer services for:
- Chemistry & Hydrochemistry
- Characterisation of overburden and coal seams (i.e. coal quality)
- Contaminant fate transport pathways
- Environmental Impact Studies (EISs) for both surface and groundwater chemistry
- Geochemical controls for geotechnical characterisation
- Soil and sediment quality monitoring and chemical modelling to determine mixing interactions, including leachates, etc.
- Tailings chemistry characterisation and the potential outcomes of interactions with soil and/or water
- Water quality monitoring and chemical modelling to determine mixing interactions
- Baseline aquatic and terrestrial ecology assessments
- Environmental Impact Studies (EISs) (i.e. aquatic and terrestrial flora and fauna)
- Long term ecological monitoring studies
- Point source contamination assessments using bio-indicators
- Receiving Environment Monitoring Program (REMP) Assessments
- Rehabilitation assessments and determination of success criteria
- Environmental legislation and compliance
- Environmental Authority (EA) amendments
- Environmental Management Plans
- Plan of Operations audits
- Rehabilitation Management Plans
- REMP amendments
- Transitional Environmental Programs (TEPs)
- Water Management Plans
- Detailed geological, mineralogical and petrographic analysis of coal mine drill cores to identify failed coal seam gas production
- Evaluation of volcanic lithologies for construction material
- Highwall risk evaluation
- Quarry investigations and assessments
- Hydrology & Hydrogeology
- Flood mapping and modelling
- Irrigation setups
- River diversion design and assessment
- Subsidence effects on watercourses
- Water balances
- Water disposal and supply studies
- Water Management Plans
- Groundwater quality monitoring and assessment
- Groundwater resource appraisals
- Baseline assessments and soil mapping
- Land use suitability
- Good quality agricultural land
- Rehabilitation assessments
- Contaminated land investigations and potential remediation measures
- Limited geotechnical investigations
- Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Plans.